Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Donut Pig




"Donut Pig!"
My stomache growl
And anxious jowl
Beg for a sweetened bite

Too late too cook
For snacks I look
A donut, I just might

The cupboard creeks
My smiling cheeks
Hold pastries sweetened bright

I hear the swine
Cries ,"Those are mine!"
It begs for one more fight

My stomache growl
And anxious jowl
Cry as I put it back

The swine fell ill
To greed and swill
He had a heart attack

Poem and acrylic on canvas by Mando Padilla

"Donut Pig" is the painting of the day because every day, I dream of monsters.

Don't mess with the pigr's donuts! With locks for eyes, they're out for blood. I've known people who've flipped like that over sweets. I think that's part of the reason I stay away from sweets. I mean, I like them but if I don't know where they came from, I'll just leave them for the donut pig.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the drawing that inspired this blog entry.
"Pastry Junkie - Mine!" color pencil by Mando Padilla

No comments:

Post a Comment